Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh Wednesday...back to reality.

I might have been slacking on my blog posts lately, but I do have valid reasons. This past weekend I was out on a retreat with some college & career people at church. It's not that long of a drive from the city, but to me that was wilderness. It's funny how a bunch of city kids could barely survive without the comforts of the big city (i.e., electronics, un-smelly water, comfy beds, and what-nots). I am guilty of being such a city kid, but I am quite ashamed because I'm never really a person who would complain about the lack of basic necessities. Yes, I found myself complaining about the sewage-smell of the water there and I do apologize for acting such a princess. To be honest, I am used to roughing it out, but I don't know why I've been such a diva lately (I guess I'm a late bloomer?). Hehe, Kidding aside, I do wish I could take it all back and be all sport with the wilderness.

On another note, it was a great experience for me and that retreat was a much needed escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. When you're in the city, you can never have a good view of the stars and as many of you know, I am a sucker for star gazing. Unfortunately, the lack of a good camera did not allow me to capture the awesome night sky in the "wilderness" (I'll just call it the wilderness even though it's more of a prairie/lakeside facility). I had an awesome walk in the property and have realized how much I miss walking through the woods. It was such an adventure and also a good experience. I would do it again minus the distractions that would remind me of the city (i.e., electronics)

As much as I really want to write it all out here, I think it's best to let me grasp everything that I'm back to reality. I haven't even unpacked yet, and I really should get to that. My clothes smell like campfire and it's making me nostalgic. *sigh* Ah well, I will do such and stop slacking...in many areas of my life.

STAY TUNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment